BDO, Panchayat secretary, another held for graft
Patna: Three officials, including a BDO, were arrested on Friday for allegedly accepting bribes in three Bihar districts by the state vigilance department.
ADG (Vigilance) PK Thakur said Block Development Officer Vijay Prasad, Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar and a revenue clerk were apprehended on charge of accepting bribes of Rs 5,000, Rs 20,000 and Rs 5,000 in Begusarai, Samastipur
and neighbouring Vaishali districts respectively.
Acting on a complaint, vigilance sleuths raided Navkothi block and caught the BDO Gupta red-handed when he was accepting Rs 5,000 from Dafarpur PACS (Primary Agriculture Cooperative Society) Chairman Ganesh Shankar Singh for allegedly releasing the amount for procurement of paddy in Begusarai district.
Earlier in the day, vigilance officials arrested a Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar as he was allegedly taking bribe of Rs 20,000 from a teacher at Mahipur in Vaishali district, Thakur said.
Acting on a complaint from the teacher Jaswant Kumar that the secretary had sought bribe to clear his arrears, a vigilance team caught Awadhesh Kumar red-handed.
Kumar was being brought here for interrogation.
In yet another trap operation during the day, the state vigilance bureau sleuths raided a place under Patauri block in Samastipur district and caught a revenue clerk
Chandra Kant Mishra red-handed "as he was taking bribe of Rs 5,000 from one Ankesh Kumar towards mutation of a piece of land," the vigilance official said.
The BDO, Panchayat secretary and revenue clerk were being brought to Patna for production before a special vigilance court.
They would also be interrogated here by the vigilance officials here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal