BDO, Panchayat secretary, another held for graft
Patna: Three officials, including a BDO, were arrested on Friday for allegedly accepting bribes in three Bihar districts by the state vigilance department.
ADG (Vigilance) PK Thakur said Block Development Officer Vijay Prasad, Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar and a revenue clerk were apprehended on charge of accepting bribes of Rs 5,000, Rs 20,000 and Rs 5,000 in Begusarai, Samastipur
and neighbouring Vaishali districts respectively.
Acting on a complaint, vigilance sleuths raided Navkothi block and caught the BDO Gupta red-handed when he was accepting Rs 5,000 from Dafarpur PACS (Primary Agriculture Cooperative Society) Chairman Ganesh Shankar Singh for allegedly releasing the amount for procurement of paddy in Begusarai district.
Earlier in the day, vigilance officials arrested a Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar as he was allegedly taking bribe of Rs 20,000 from a teacher at Mahipur in Vaishali district, Thakur said.
Acting on a complaint from the teacher Jaswant Kumar that the secretary had sought bribe to clear his arrears, a vigilance team caught Awadhesh Kumar red-handed.
Kumar was being brought here for interrogation.
In yet another trap operation during the day, the state vigilance bureau sleuths raided a place under Patauri block in Samastipur district and caught a revenue clerk
Chandra Kant Mishra red-handed "as he was taking bribe of Rs 5,000 from one Ankesh Kumar towards mutation of a piece of land," the vigilance official said.
The BDO, Panchayat secretary and revenue clerk were being brought to Patna for production before a special vigilance court.
They would also be interrogated here by the vigilance officials here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot