BDO, Panchayat secretary, another held for graft
Patna: Three officials, including a BDO, were arrested on Friday for allegedly accepting bribes in three Bihar districts by the state vigilance department.
ADG (Vigilance) PK Thakur said Block Development Officer Vijay Prasad, Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar and a revenue clerk were apprehended on charge of accepting bribes of Rs 5,000, Rs 20,000 and Rs 5,000 in Begusarai, Samastipur
and neighbouring Vaishali districts respectively.
Acting on a complaint, vigilance sleuths raided Navkothi block and caught the BDO Gupta red-handed when he was accepting Rs 5,000 from Dafarpur PACS (Primary Agriculture Cooperative Society) Chairman Ganesh Shankar Singh for allegedly releasing the amount for procurement of paddy in Begusarai district.
Earlier in the day, vigilance officials arrested a Panchayat Secretary Awadhesh Kumar as he was allegedly taking bribe of Rs 20,000 from a teacher at Mahipur in Vaishali district, Thakur said.
Acting on a complaint from the teacher Jaswant Kumar that the secretary had sought bribe to clear his arrears, a vigilance team caught Awadhesh Kumar red-handed.
Kumar was being brought here for interrogation.
In yet another trap operation during the day, the state vigilance bureau sleuths raided a place under Patauri block in Samastipur district and caught a revenue clerk
Chandra Kant Mishra red-handed "as he was taking bribe of Rs 5,000 from one Ankesh Kumar towards mutation of a piece of land," the vigilance official said.
The BDO, Panchayat secretary and revenue clerk were being brought to Patna for production before a special vigilance court.
They would also be interrogated here by the vigilance officials here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'