Beating of utensils during Mar 2 Bihar bandh
Patna: Protesting against the denial of special category status to Bihar as given to Seemandhra by Centre, people will beat utensils during the Bihar bandh on March two.
"The unity of people for the issue will make people in Delhi realise that till they grant special category status, citizens of Bihar will not let them sleep," Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said while speaking at a programme here last evening.
Kumar, who has called the shutdown, has appealed to the people to come out of their homes at 6:00 pm on March two and beat utensils as during the `JP movement`.
"We will not ask anybody to observe a bandh on March two, but people will themselves spare a day for the cause of Bihar and shun work to protest," Kumar said.
A disciple of Loknayak Jaiprakash Narayan, Kumar was a prominent figure in the `Sampoorna Kranti` (total revolution) of JP that started from Bihar and spread across the country.
State JD(U) president Basistha Narayan Singh said beating utensils was a prominent programme during JP`s movement against `Congress misrule` at the time.
Singh, a product of JP movement, told PTI that JD(U) grassroots workers would also launch programmes like torchlight processions and taking out `prabhat ferries` (morning marches) on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people