Bhabua paints itself green
Bhabua: If it is pink for Rajasthan it is green for Bihar where a town has painted itself green to match its verdant surroundings.
The initiative to paint buildings in Bhabua town with green colour was taken last Diwali and completed this week, Kaimur District Magistrate Arvind Kumar Singh, the man behind the idea, said.
As part of the exercise, the citizens themselves have painted their houses in green.
All buildings maintained by the district administration have been coloured green while a request has been made to other departments like police stations to do the same.
Once dotted with dirt and filth, a large number of gardens have also been built in the town, he said.
To celebrate the feat, a function was organised here and children wearing green caps burst firecrackers and released green balloons on Friday last, Singh said.
The district magistrate said he had been inspired by the pink city of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, and convinced the locals to do something on that line.
The choice of green was the decision of the local people who thought since the town was surrounded by thick jungles that colour would be apt.
"Besides, green has a soothing effect and also gives the message of peace and brotherhood," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town