Bhabua paints itself green
Bhabua: If it is pink for Rajasthan it is green for Bihar where a town has painted itself green to match its verdant surroundings.
The initiative to paint buildings in Bhabua town with green colour was taken last Diwali and completed this week, Kaimur District Magistrate Arvind Kumar Singh, the man behind the idea, said.
As part of the exercise, the citizens themselves have painted their houses in green.
All buildings maintained by the district administration have been coloured green while a request has been made to other departments like police stations to do the same.
Once dotted with dirt and filth, a large number of gardens have also been built in the town, he said.
To celebrate the feat, a function was organised here and children wearing green caps burst firecrackers and released green balloons on Friday last, Singh said.
The district magistrate said he had been inspired by the pink city of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, and convinced the locals to do something on that line.
The choice of green was the decision of the local people who thought since the town was surrounded by thick jungles that colour would be apt.
"Besides, green has a soothing effect and also gives the message of peace and brotherhood," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble