BHRC asks inquiry report in "fake encounter" case
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) has sought an inquiry report from Darbhanga`s Inspector
General of Police on allegations of the role of Bihar Police
in the 2009 "false encounter" of Madhesh Rashtra Jantantrik
party president Ram Narayan Mahto.
BHRC member and former Bihar Director General of Police
Neelmani told PTI that the brother of the slain leader from
Sirha district had in a complaint to them alleged that Mahto
was handed over to Nepal police by the then Jainagar police
station officer in-charge Sanjay Kumar.
Mahto was killed in an alleged false encounter by the
Nepal police on July 18, 2009.
"We have taken the complaint seriously and called for an
inquiry report from the IG of Darbhanga zone in connection
with the allegation," Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'