BHRC asks inquiry report in "fake encounter" case
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) has sought an inquiry report from Darbhanga`s Inspector
General of Police on allegations of the role of Bihar Police
in the 2009 "false encounter" of Madhesh Rashtra Jantantrik
party president Ram Narayan Mahto.
BHRC member and former Bihar Director General of Police
Neelmani told PTI that the brother of the slain leader from
Sirha district had in a complaint to them alleged that Mahto
was handed over to Nepal police by the then Jainagar police
station officer in-charge Sanjay Kumar.
Mahto was killed in an alleged false encounter by the
Nepal police on July 18, 2009.
"We have taken the complaint seriously and called for an
inquiry report from the IG of Darbhanga zone in connection
with the allegation," Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof