BHRC asks inquiry report in "fake encounter" case
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) has sought an inquiry report from Darbhanga`s Inspector
General of Police on allegations of the role of Bihar Police
in the 2009 "false encounter" of Madhesh Rashtra Jantantrik
party president Ram Narayan Mahto.
BHRC member and former Bihar Director General of Police
Neelmani told PTI that the brother of the slain leader from
Sirha district had in a complaint to them alleged that Mahto
was handed over to Nepal police by the then Jainagar police
station officer in-charge Sanjay Kumar.
Mahto was killed in an alleged false encounter by the
Nepal police on July 18, 2009.
"We have taken the complaint seriously and called for an
inquiry report from the IG of Darbhanga zone in connection
with the allegation," Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information