BHRC asks inquiry report in "fake encounter" case
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) has sought an inquiry report from Darbhanga`s Inspector
General of Police on allegations of the role of Bihar Police
in the 2009 "false encounter" of Madhesh Rashtra Jantantrik
party president Ram Narayan Mahto.
BHRC member and former Bihar Director General of Police
Neelmani told PTI that the brother of the slain leader from
Sirha district had in a complaint to them alleged that Mahto
was handed over to Nepal police by the then Jainagar police
station officer in-charge Sanjay Kumar.
Mahto was killed in an alleged false encounter by the
Nepal police on July 18, 2009.
"We have taken the complaint seriously and called for an
inquiry report from the IG of Darbhanga zone in connection
with the allegation," Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases