BHRC asks inquiry report in "fake encounter" case
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) has sought an inquiry report from Darbhanga`s Inspector
General of Police on allegations of the role of Bihar Police
in the 2009 "false encounter" of Madhesh Rashtra Jantantrik
party president Ram Narayan Mahto.
BHRC member and former Bihar Director General of Police
Neelmani told PTI that the brother of the slain leader from
Sirha district had in a complaint to them alleged that Mahto
was handed over to Nepal police by the then Jainagar police
station officer in-charge Sanjay Kumar.
Mahto was killed in an alleged false encounter by the
Nepal police on July 18, 2009.
"We have taken the complaint seriously and called for an
inquiry report from the IG of Darbhanga zone in connection
with the allegation," Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical