BHRC receives 4782 complaints in 2013, highest since inception
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission received 4,782 complaints last year, the highest since its inception six years ago, indicating growing faith of the people to seek its help for redressal of their grievances.
BHRC, on its part, has disposed of 3,452 complaints, (72 per cent), Commission member Neelmani said.
Both the number of complaints and disposal rate stood 10 per cent higher than the figures of 2012 in which the BHRC had received 4,345 complaints and disposed 2,954 of them, he said.
Since its inception in 2008, the Commission has received 19,488 complaints and disposed 10,258 of them, Neelmani, former DGP of the state, said.
In subject-wise break-up of complaints over the past six years, the police/forces topped the chart at 6,912, while miscellaneous matters at 4,019 came second.
Service matters stood third in the nature of complaints at 3,099 while complaints related to mafias (1,954) and women (1,135) came fourth and fifth respectively.
Jail (953), education (308), poverty alleviation (343), health (184), labour (85), pollution/environment (69), children (49) and religious community (31) also figure among the complaints reaching to the doors of the BHRC for resolution, Neelmani said.
To spread awareness among the people about BHRC and its functioning, a number of campaigns were launched at the district and divisional levels even as it intended to seek the help of NGOs for protection of the human rights, he said.
BHRC also intends to select slogans related to protection of human rights and propose to the government for inclusion in government advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you