Bickering continues between JD(U), BJP
Patna/Gopalganj: Bickering between NDA partners JD(U) and BJP came to surface again with party workers displaying large advertisements portraying Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate at Gopalganj where Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is staying for the past two days.
Senior BJP leader and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has also talked tough saying no party has power to impose veto in democracy and BJP will take final decision as who will be NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
Gopalganj witnessed a large number of display boards in the town put on by BJP workers portraying Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as PM hopeful after 2014 polls.
The advertisements have come when Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is in Gopalganj as part of his "Sewa yatra" to test effectiveness of governance at grassroot.
Defending advertisements, Gopalganj town BJP President Deepak Kumar Deepu said, "Narendra Modi is secular so why Nitish Kumar is opposing him? We have put up billboards to make our feelings known to him (Nitish) and others."
The big size banners has names of Gopalganj BJP District president Brahmanand Rai, District party secretary Chandramohan Pandey, youth wing district president Manish Kumar Shrivastava besides Deepu.
But, district JD(U) leaders are not happy. Describing it as a matter of indiscipline, district JD(U) president Sadanand Singh said he would take up the matter with JD(U) and BJP state chiefs.
When Bihar BJP president Mangal Pandey was asked about it, talking to PTI in Patna he said it was merely expression of feelings by party workers. His JD(U) counterpart Bashist Narayan Singh refused to comment.
Meanwhile, addressing a meeting of BJP Extremely Backward Castes workers in Patna yesterday, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi asked them to prepare for elections and not to bother about PM candidate which party Parliamentary board will decide at appropriate time.
"We will consult our NDA partners but final decision will be that of BJP, the largest constituent," Sushil Kumar Modi had told workers.
Sushil Kumar Modi, considered as architect of JD(U)-BJP alliance in Bihar, said feelings of party workers would be kept in mind while deciding name of Prime Ministerial candidate from party.
In a veiled criticism of partner JD(U) which claims itself as championing the cause of extremely backward castes (EBC), Modi said "no one party has monopoly over EBCs."
"The condition of the EBCs improved in the state because BJP and JD(U) worked together for their well being," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks