Bicycle scheme encouraged girls to take up education: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said that the bicycle scheme has given impetus to girls` education as reflected in their stand out performance in the matriculation examination in which a Patna girl Shalini Kumari emerged as the joint topper.
The girls have taken up education in right earnest ever since the state government launched the bicycle scheme for them a few years ago, he said felicitating Kumari at her residence in Phulwarisharif locality in the state capital.
Observing that there was no shortage of talent in the state, Kumar said the state government was committed to provide incentives to the students to help attain success.
Noting that the enrolment rate in schools have increased during the NDA rule, the Chief Minister said that the state government was committed to achieve cent per cent target in school enrolment.
The authorities should ensure that once a child joins a school for studies, she should leave it only on completion of education, he said.
Kumar also directed the officials to set up a `Bal Parishad` comprising the first and second toppers in the matriculation examination over the past five years and a regular interactive meeting be held by the HRD Minister and
officials with the students for ensuring quality education.
The Chief Minister also gave a cheque of Rs 15,000 and a laptop to Kumari during his visit to her residence and wished her well for her future career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?