Bicycle scheme encouraged girls to take up education: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said that the bicycle scheme has given impetus to girls` education as reflected in their stand out performance in the matriculation examination in which a Patna girl Shalini Kumari emerged as the joint topper.
The girls have taken up education in right earnest ever since the state government launched the bicycle scheme for them a few years ago, he said felicitating Kumari at her residence in Phulwarisharif locality in the state capital.
Observing that there was no shortage of talent in the state, Kumar said the state government was committed to provide incentives to the students to help attain success.
Noting that the enrolment rate in schools have increased during the NDA rule, the Chief Minister said that the state government was committed to achieve cent per cent target in school enrolment.
The authorities should ensure that once a child joins a school for studies, she should leave it only on completion of education, he said.
Kumar also directed the officials to set up a `Bal Parishad` comprising the first and second toppers in the matriculation examination over the past five years and a regular interactive meeting be held by the HRD Minister and
officials with the students for ensuring quality education.
The Chief Minister also gave a cheque of Rs 15,000 and a laptop to Kumari during his visit to her residence and wished her well for her future career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run