Bicycle scheme encouraged girls to take up education: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said that the bicycle scheme has given impetus to girls` education as reflected in their stand out performance in the matriculation examination in which a Patna girl Shalini Kumari emerged as the joint topper.
The girls have taken up education in right earnest ever since the state government launched the bicycle scheme for them a few years ago, he said felicitating Kumari at her residence in Phulwarisharif locality in the state capital.
Observing that there was no shortage of talent in the state, Kumar said the state government was committed to provide incentives to the students to help attain success.
Noting that the enrolment rate in schools have increased during the NDA rule, the Chief Minister said that the state government was committed to achieve cent per cent target in school enrolment.
The authorities should ensure that once a child joins a school for studies, she should leave it only on completion of education, he said.
Kumar also directed the officials to set up a `Bal Parishad` comprising the first and second toppers in the matriculation examination over the past five years and a regular interactive meeting be held by the HRD Minister and
officials with the students for ensuring quality education.
The Chief Minister also gave a cheque of Rs 15,000 and a laptop to Kumari during his visit to her residence and wished her well for her future career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof