Bihar: 10 children rescued by police
Kochi: Ten children from Bihar have been rescued here and three persons arrested in this connection, police said Wednesday.
The children, who were rescued from various parts of the city, were aged between 10-12 and were engaged in selling toys on the roadside and handicraft items, police said.
The three accused -- Jiteshwar (25), Biki Kumar (21) and Mohammed (30) -- were produced before a local court and remanded.
The children, who do not have even basic education, had been brought to the city with a promise that they would be sent to schools, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations