Bihar: 10 children rescued by police
Kochi: Ten children from Bihar have been rescued here and three persons arrested in this connection, police said Wednesday.
The children, who were rescued from various parts of the city, were aged between 10-12 and were engaged in selling toys on the roadside and handicraft items, police said.
The three accused -- Jiteshwar (25), Biki Kumar (21) and Mohammed (30) -- were produced before a local court and remanded.
The children, who do not have even basic education, had been brought to the city with a promise that they would be sent to schools, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media