Bihar: 10 children rescued by police
Kochi: Ten children from Bihar have been rescued here and three persons arrested in this connection, police said Wednesday.
The children, who were rescued from various parts of the city, were aged between 10-12 and were engaged in selling toys on the roadside and handicraft items, police said.
The three accused -- Jiteshwar (25), Biki Kumar (21) and Mohammed (30) -- were produced before a local court and remanded.
The children, who do not have even basic education, had been brought to the city with a promise that they would be sent to schools, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers