Bihar: 10 die after consuming spurious liquor
Patna: At least 10 people died in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district after they consumed spurious liquor, police said on Monday.
"Three people died Monday after consuming spurious liquor and seven died late Sunday night. The death toll rose to 10 in the district," a police official said. All the victims were from two villages under Paru police station.
Muzaffarpur District Magistrate SK Mall announced a compensation of Rs 20,000 to the kin of victims and a house under Indira Awas Yojna. The official ordered a probe into the incident and assured that the guilty will be punished.
According to the police after consuming the liquor, the villagers started complaining of stomach pain and began vomiting. The victims reportedly purchased alcohol from shops in their villages.
"I have directed local officials to probe into the incident," Mall said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued