Bihar: 10 die after consuming spurious liquor
Patna: At least 10 people died in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district after they consumed spurious liquor, police said on Monday.
"Three people died Monday after consuming spurious liquor and seven died late Sunday night. The death toll rose to 10 in the district," a police official said. All the victims were from two villages under Paru police station.
Muzaffarpur District Magistrate SK Mall announced a compensation of Rs 20,000 to the kin of victims and a house under Indira Awas Yojna. The official ordered a probe into the incident and assured that the guilty will be punished.
According to the police after consuming the liquor, the villagers started complaining of stomach pain and began vomiting. The victims reportedly purchased alcohol from shops in their villages.
"I have directed local officials to probe into the incident," Mall said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test