Bihar: 10 die after consuming spurious liquor
Patna: At least 10 people died in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district after they consumed spurious liquor, police said on Monday.
"Three people died Monday after consuming spurious liquor and seven died late Sunday night. The death toll rose to 10 in the district," a police official said. All the victims were from two villages under Paru police station.
Muzaffarpur District Magistrate SK Mall announced a compensation of Rs 20,000 to the kin of victims and a house under Indira Awas Yojna. The official ordered a probe into the incident and assured that the guilty will be punished.
According to the police after consuming the liquor, the villagers started complaining of stomach pain and began vomiting. The victims reportedly purchased alcohol from shops in their villages.
"I have directed local officials to probe into the incident," Mall said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145