Bihar: 10 die after consuming spurious liquor
Patna: At least 10 people died in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district after they consumed spurious liquor, police said on Monday.
"Three people died Monday after consuming spurious liquor and seven died late Sunday night. The death toll rose to 10 in the district," a police official said. All the victims were from two villages under Paru police station.
Muzaffarpur District Magistrate SK Mall announced a compensation of Rs 20,000 to the kin of victims and a house under Indira Awas Yojna. The official ordered a probe into the incident and assured that the guilty will be punished.
According to the police after consuming the liquor, the villagers started complaining of stomach pain and began vomiting. The victims reportedly purchased alcohol from shops in their villages.
"I have directed local officials to probe into the incident," Mall said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday