Bihar: 11 more AES death reported, toll 85
Patna: Eleven more children died of the Acute Encephalopathy Syndrome (AES) in Bihar taking the toll to 85, official sources said on Saturday.
Nine children died due to the AES in the Sri Krishna Memorial College and Hospital (SKMCH) and the private Kejriwal hospital in Muzaffarpur since yesterday taking the toll in the two hospitals to 40, the sources said.
The disease claimed the life of one more child in Anugrah Narayan Medical College and Hospital, where the toll rose to 10.
Another death was reported from the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) in the state capital. The disease has so far claimed 35 lives in the PMCH.
The AES deaths have been reported in the state since May this year, the sources said.
Altogether 197 cases of the AES have been reported from various parts of the state, two of which have been confirmed as the Japanese Encephalitis, the source said.
The AES comprised of symptoms of 17 diseases like heat stroke, cerebral malaria, meningitis, TB meningitis and neurocysticercosis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!