Bihar: 11 policemen suspended
Patna: As many as 11 policemen have been suspended for being absent from duty in several police stations of Bihar`s Khagaria district, official sources said on Sunday.
The suspensions come barely a few days after largescale violence and arson by protesters during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra.`
Khagaria district police chief Mithu Prasad suspended the policemen after finding them absent from duty during inspection since Saturday, the sources said.
Those placed under suspension include seven sub-inspectors and four constables, they said.
However, Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Headquarters Ravindra Kumar denied that the action was taken against the policemen in the wake of violence during the Chief Minister`s visit to the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal