Bihar: 12 missing as boat capsizes
Bettiah: Twelve persons were missing after an overcrowded boat capsized in Gandak river at Bihar`s West Champaran district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened at Marchaiya village when the boat, carrying around 60 passengers, was sailing to the other side of the river.
While others swam to safety, 12 persons -- mostly women and children -- went missing, they said, adding that local divers were engaged to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened