Bihar: 12 missing as boat capsizes
Bettiah: Twelve persons were missing after an overcrowded boat capsized in Gandak river at Bihar`s West Champaran district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened at Marchaiya village when the boat, carrying around 60 passengers, was sailing to the other side of the river.
While others swam to safety, 12 persons -- mostly women and children -- went missing, they said, adding that local divers were engaged to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?