Bihar: 12 missing as boat capsizes
Bettiah: Twelve persons were missing after an overcrowded boat capsized in Gandak river at Bihar`s West Champaran district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened at Marchaiya village when the boat, carrying around 60 passengers, was sailing to the other side of the river.
While others swam to safety, 12 persons -- mostly women and children -- went missing, they said, adding that local divers were engaged to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...