Bihar: 12 missing as boat capsizes
Bettiah: Twelve persons were missing after an overcrowded boat capsized in Gandak river at Bihar`s West Champaran district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened at Marchaiya village when the boat, carrying around 60 passengers, was sailing to the other side of the river.
While others swam to safety, 12 persons -- mostly women and children -- went missing, they said, adding that local divers were engaged to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!