Bihar: 12 missing as boat capsizes
Bettiah: Twelve persons were missing after an overcrowded boat capsized in Gandak river at Bihar`s West Champaran district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened at Marchaiya village when the boat, carrying around 60 passengers, was sailing to the other side of the river.
While others swam to safety, 12 persons -- mostly women and children -- went missing, they said, adding that local divers were engaged to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley