Bihar: 12 pilgrims injured in temple stampede
Jehanabad: Over ten pilgrims were on Monday injured in a stampede at the Baba Sidhnath temple in Jehanabad district of Bihar, the police said here.
The stampede occurred this morning when the railing of the pathway leading towards the temple collapsed as large number of pilgrims pushed each other to make it to the shrine to offer `jalabhishek` to Lord Shiva on the occasion of third Monday of the holy Shrawan month, the police said, injuring 12 pilgrims in the incident.
While nine of the injured pilgrims were admitted to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) and discharged after first-aid, three others were taken to the referral hospital at Makhdumpur block, Sadar hospital deputy superintendent Dr K K Rai said.
District Magistrate Md Sohail and Superintendent of Police Shayali Dhurat rushed to the spot to investigate the incident.
They also met the injured pilgrims to inquire about their condition.
Nearly one lakh pilgrims from adjoining areas visit the Sidhnath temple located on Vanavar hills during Sharawan month to offer `jalabhishek` to Lord Shiva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!