Bihar: 12-year-old gang-raped
Patna: A 12-year-old girl was gang-raped by three youths in a village here, police said Thursday. The crime took place two days ago and an FIR was lodged after intervention by senior officials.
The minor was gang-raped when she was going to her grand parents` house in Choti Kewai village from her native village Sigriyavan at a distance of about two km.
"Initially the police refused to lodge a first information report (FIR) when we informed about the incident. The police officials told us that it was a case of eve-teasing, not a gang-rape," the maternal uncle of the victim said.
"We then complained to senior police officials. After that, a case was registered (Wednesday)," he said.
"A case has been registered against three accused - Guddu Yadav, Arjun Yadav and Annu Kumar. They are residents of Choti Kewai village," Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunita Kumari said.
The police raided several places to arrest the accused who are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok