Bihar: 12-year-old gang-raped
Patna: A 12-year-old girl was gang-raped by three youths in a village here, police said Thursday. The crime took place two days ago and an FIR was lodged after intervention by senior officials.
The minor was gang-raped when she was going to her grand parents` house in Choti Kewai village from her native village Sigriyavan at a distance of about two km.
"Initially the police refused to lodge a first information report (FIR) when we informed about the incident. The police officials told us that it was a case of eve-teasing, not a gang-rape," the maternal uncle of the victim said.
"We then complained to senior police officials. After that, a case was registered (Wednesday)," he said.
"A case has been registered against three accused - Guddu Yadav, Arjun Yadav and Annu Kumar. They are residents of Choti Kewai village," Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunita Kumari said.
The police raided several places to arrest the accused who are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!