Bihar: 12-year-old gang-raped
Patna: A 12-year-old girl was gang-raped by three youths in a village here, police said Thursday. The crime took place two days ago and an FIR was lodged after intervention by senior officials.
The minor was gang-raped when she was going to her grand parents` house in Choti Kewai village from her native village Sigriyavan at a distance of about two km.
"Initially the police refused to lodge a first information report (FIR) when we informed about the incident. The police officials told us that it was a case of eve-teasing, not a gang-rape," the maternal uncle of the victim said.
"We then complained to senior police officials. After that, a case was registered (Wednesday)," he said.
"A case has been registered against three accused - Guddu Yadav, Arjun Yadav and Annu Kumar. They are residents of Choti Kewai village," Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunita Kumari said.
The police raided several places to arrest the accused who are absconding.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma