Bihar: 12-year-old gang-raped
Patna: A 12-year-old girl was gang-raped by three youths in a village here, police said Thursday. The crime took place two days ago and an FIR was lodged after intervention by senior officials.
The minor was gang-raped when she was going to her grand parents` house in Choti Kewai village from her native village Sigriyavan at a distance of about two km.
"Initially the police refused to lodge a first information report (FIR) when we informed about the incident. The police officials told us that it was a case of eve-teasing, not a gang-rape," the maternal uncle of the victim said.
"We then complained to senior police officials. After that, a case was registered (Wednesday)," he said.
"A case has been registered against three accused - Guddu Yadav, Arjun Yadav and Annu Kumar. They are residents of Choti Kewai village," Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunita Kumari said.
The police raided several places to arrest the accused who are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre