Bihar: 156 chidren dead due to AES
Patna: Altogether 156 children have died due to outbreak of the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Bihar since May and 82 others were admitted to various hospitals for treatment, an official said on Friday.
Out of 409 children detected with suffering from AES symptoms, 156 have died and 82 others were admitted in hospitals for treatment, the Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
The remaining 171 children have been discharged by the hospital after full cure of their ailments, he said.
As many as 99 children have died at the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospital in Muzaffarpur, while the PMCH recorded 46 deaths and the toll at the ANMCH at Gaya stood at 11, Ojha said.
The state government has declared alert in 10 districts following outbreak of the AES and the leave applications of the doctors at the hospitals in these districts, the health official said.
The state government has further decided to give ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 to the kins of each victim from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, Ojha said, adding a control room has been set up here to monitor and supervise various measures being taken to contain the disease.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata