Bihar: 156 chidren dead due to AES
Patna: Altogether 156 children have died due to outbreak of the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Bihar since May and 82 others were admitted to various hospitals for treatment, an official said on Friday.
Out of 409 children detected with suffering from AES symptoms, 156 have died and 82 others were admitted in hospitals for treatment, the Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
The remaining 171 children have been discharged by the hospital after full cure of their ailments, he said.
As many as 99 children have died at the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospital in Muzaffarpur, while the PMCH recorded 46 deaths and the toll at the ANMCH at Gaya stood at 11, Ojha said.
The state government has declared alert in 10 districts following outbreak of the AES and the leave applications of the doctors at the hospitals in these districts, the health official said.
The state government has further decided to give ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 to the kins of each victim from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, Ojha said, adding a control room has been set up here to monitor and supervise various measures being taken to contain the disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote
- China remains unmoved, says NSG will not discuss India's bid
- University of Mumbai to declare TYBCom Results 2016 today; check mu.ac.in
- Anil Kumble's appointment: This is what 'disappointed' Ravi Shastri, Sandeep Patil said...