Bihar: 156 chidren dead due to AES
Patna: Altogether 156 children have died due to outbreak of the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Bihar since May and 82 others were admitted to various hospitals for treatment, an official said on Friday.
Out of 409 children detected with suffering from AES symptoms, 156 have died and 82 others were admitted in hospitals for treatment, the Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
The remaining 171 children have been discharged by the hospital after full cure of their ailments, he said.
As many as 99 children have died at the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospital in Muzaffarpur, while the PMCH recorded 46 deaths and the toll at the ANMCH at Gaya stood at 11, Ojha said.
The state government has declared alert in 10 districts following outbreak of the AES and the leave applications of the doctors at the hospitals in these districts, the health official said.
The state government has further decided to give ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 to the kins of each victim from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, Ojha said, adding a control room has been set up here to monitor and supervise various measures being taken to contain the disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year