Bihar: 16.5 tonne of explosive seized
Sheikhpura: About 16.5 tonne of
ammonium nitrate was seized by mining department officials
from Pachna village in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district on Saturday.
Deputy development commisioner cum district mining
officer GK Pramhans said acting on a tip off, the officials
raided a house and sized 330 bags the explosive weighing about
The explosive is suspected to have been used for mining
purposes, he said adding its value was estimated to be Rs.
11lakh, he said.
The house owner is absconding and probe into the case is
on, Pramhans added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!