Bihar: 16.5 tonne of explosive seized
Sheikhpura: About 16.5 tonne of
ammonium nitrate was seized by mining department officials
from Pachna village in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district on Saturday.
Deputy development commisioner cum district mining
officer GK Pramhans said acting on a tip off, the officials
raided a house and sized 330 bags the explosive weighing about
The explosive is suspected to have been used for mining
purposes, he said adding its value was estimated to be Rs.
11lakh, he said.
The house owner is absconding and probe into the case is
on, Pramhans added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice