Bihar: 17 jail inmates injured in clash
Bettiah: At least 17 prisoners were injured in a clash between two groups of inmates in divisional jail here in Bihar`s West Champaran district today, police said.
The inmates clashed among themselves because of dispute between two prisoners while being taken to court in jail vehicle yesterday.
On hearing of the fight, the police personnel rushed and controlled them, they said, adding at least 17 of them got injured.
The injured were provided medical treatment in jail hospital, the sources said, adding an FIR has been registered on the basis of statement of the jail administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls