Bihar 1st state for video-conferencing under RTI
Patna: Bihar Information Commission on Thursday introduced for the first time in the country video-conferencing facilities.
Launching the facility, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said after providing video-conference facilities under the Right to Information for speedy disposal of appeals by applicants at every district headquarter, similar facilities would be extended up to the block-level.
He said as Public Information Officials faced difficulties in providing information for cash shortage "we have now decided to ensure contingency fund for the purpose."
He said about 93,000 pieces of information had been sought by applicants through `Jankari call centers` in Bihar after implemention of the RTI Act.
"We will be awarding the 1,00,000th applicant," he said.
"We are going to implement the Right to Service Act in Bihar from August 15, 2011," he said adding that it had provisions for dismissal from service in the event of public servants violating the law.
Chief Information Commissioner of India, Satyanand Mishra said praised the state government for its efforts for popularising the RTI Act and said the number of applicants was increasing from 20 to 25 percent every year.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi expressed happiness over disposal of around 49,000 applications against 53,000 applications in Bihar by the state Information Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister