Bihar: 2 injured as mob frees liquor trader from police custody
Munger: Two persons were injured when a mob attacked Harpur police station in Bihar`s Munger district and forcibly freed an illicit liquor trader from police custody, sources said on Friday.
Hundreds of villagers carrying arms stormed into Harpur police station last night and forcibly freed illicit liquor trader Ganhaura Devi, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vidyasagar said.
The policemen fired three rounds in the air to disperse the villagers who also fired upon the cops, the DSP said, adding two villagers, identified as Vipin Mandal and Sonu Kumar, sustained bullet injuries.
The injured were admitted to a referral hospital for treatment, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital