Bihar: 2 injured as mob frees liquor trader from police custody
Munger: Two persons were injured when a mob attacked Harpur police station in Bihar`s Munger district and forcibly freed an illicit liquor trader from police custody, sources said on Friday.
Hundreds of villagers carrying arms stormed into Harpur police station last night and forcibly freed illicit liquor trader Ganhaura Devi, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vidyasagar said.
The policemen fired three rounds in the air to disperse the villagers who also fired upon the cops, the DSP said, adding two villagers, identified as Vipin Mandal and Sonu Kumar, sustained bullet injuries.
The injured were admitted to a referral hospital for treatment, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!