Bihar: 2 injured as mob frees liquor trader from police custody
Munger: Two persons were injured when a mob attacked Harpur police station in Bihar`s Munger district and forcibly freed an illicit liquor trader from police custody, sources said on Friday.
Hundreds of villagers carrying arms stormed into Harpur police station last night and forcibly freed illicit liquor trader Ganhaura Devi, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vidyasagar said.
The policemen fired three rounds in the air to disperse the villagers who also fired upon the cops, the DSP said, adding two villagers, identified as Vipin Mandal and Sonu Kumar, sustained bullet injuries.
The injured were admitted to a referral hospital for treatment, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him