Bihar: 2 injured as mob frees liquor trader from police custody
Munger: Two persons were injured when a mob attacked Harpur police station in Bihar`s Munger district and forcibly freed an illicit liquor trader from police custody, sources said on Friday.
Hundreds of villagers carrying arms stormed into Harpur police station last night and forcibly freed illicit liquor trader Ganhaura Devi, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vidyasagar said.
The policemen fired three rounds in the air to disperse the villagers who also fired upon the cops, the DSP said, adding two villagers, identified as Vipin Mandal and Sonu Kumar, sustained bullet injuries.
The injured were admitted to a referral hospital for treatment, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof