Bihar: 2 killed, 17 injured in road mishap
Samastipur: Two persons were today killed and 17 others injured when a bus lost control and fell into a ditch near Kewta village in Samastipur district of Bihar, a police official said.
The mishap occurred when the driver lost control over the speeding bus that overturned and fell into the roadside ditch filled with water, Superintendent of Police Varun Kumar Sinha said.
While two occupants of the bus were killed, 17 others sustained injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to Mohiuddinagar sub-division hospital.
Efforts were on ascertain the identity of the victims, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi