Bihar: 2 killed, 17 injured in road mishap
Samastipur: Two persons were today killed and 17 others injured when a bus lost control and fell into a ditch near Kewta village in Samastipur district of Bihar, a police official said.
The mishap occurred when the driver lost control over the speeding bus that overturned and fell into the roadside ditch filled with water, Superintendent of Police Varun Kumar Sinha said.
While two occupants of the bus were killed, 17 others sustained injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to Mohiuddinagar sub-division hospital.
Efforts were on ascertain the identity of the victims, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok