Bihar: 22 children die of mystery disease
Muzaffarpur: At least 22 children below the
age of six years have died and 35 others hospitalised due to
a mystery disease during the past one week in Bihar`s
Muzaffarpur district, official sources said.
While four children died at the Sri Krishna Medical
College and Hospital (SKMCH), three others died at Kejriwal
hospital in Muzaffarpur town, the sources said.
SKMCH Paediatrician Dr Braj Mohan confirmed the death of
four children at the hospital since yesterday.
Twenty other children were still being treated at the
hospital till date, Braj Mohan said.
Superintendent of Kejriwal hospital Dr Bibi Giri said three
children below the age of six years due to suspected
encephalitis at the hospital during the past 24 hours.
He said 15 others were still admitted for treatment at the
State health department have sent a team of experts from
Regional Malaria Research Institute ((RMRI)led by Dr Krishna
Pandey from Patna. The team had already collected the blood
samples and returned to Patna, Principal secretary (health),
Amarjeet Sinha said.
The blood samples were sent to a specialised laboratory in
Pune for examination and obtaining report to diagnose the
disease children suffer in Muzaffarpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living