Bihar: 22 children die of mystery disease
Muzaffarpur: At least 22 children below the
age of six years have died and 35 others hospitalised due to
a mystery disease during the past one week in Bihar`s
Muzaffarpur district, official sources said.
While four children died at the Sri Krishna Medical
College and Hospital (SKMCH), three others died at Kejriwal
hospital in Muzaffarpur town, the sources said.
SKMCH Paediatrician Dr Braj Mohan confirmed the death of
four children at the hospital since yesterday.
Twenty other children were still being treated at the
hospital till date, Braj Mohan said.
Superintendent of Kejriwal hospital Dr Bibi Giri said three
children below the age of six years due to suspected
encephalitis at the hospital during the past 24 hours.
He said 15 others were still admitted for treatment at the
State health department have sent a team of experts from
Regional Malaria Research Institute ((RMRI)led by Dr Krishna
Pandey from Patna. The team had already collected the blood
samples and returned to Patna, Principal secretary (health),
Amarjeet Sinha said.
The blood samples were sent to a specialised laboratory in
Pune for examination and obtaining report to diagnose the
disease children suffer in Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video