Bihar: 225 houses gutted in fire
Samastipur: Around 225 houses were gutted and a large number of cattle perished in four separate incidents of fire in the district of Samastipur on Sunday, the police said.
Nearly hundred houses got burnt in Pataili village and Basadiyan alone, 11 at Bakhari and four at Mathurapur. A large number of cattle were also charred to death in all four incidents.
District Magistrate, Kundan Kumar said that relief material was being distributed among the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid