Bihar: 25 districts drought affected, says ministe
Patna: Bihar Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh on Thursday said 25 out of the 38 districts in the state were affected by drought and accused the centre of being unjust to the state for not providing assistance under the proposed central package.
Talking to reporters here, Singh said the drought was due to deficient rains and the state government was providing subsidy to farmers for diesel for irrigation during kharif season.
assistance to the drought-affected areas in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’