Bihar: 3 killed, 18 injured in police lathicharge
Siwan: Three persons were killed and 18
others injured when the police resorted to lathicharge after being attacked by a mob in Bihar`s Siwan district Wednersday, a senior police official said.
The police, which went to rescue a woman who was beaten up on the suspicion of being a child-lifter, was attacked with stones by the mob when they arrived on the scene at Madarpur Bazar under Basantpur police station, Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
The SP denied that firing was resorted to.
The victims were identified as Kapil Prasad (70),
Deu Ram (70) and Ajay Kumar (15). Among the 18 injured were 14
policemen and civil officers who were admitted to hospital.
Three of the injured policemen were referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
The situation at Madarpur Bazar was tense, but under
control and additional policemen were deployed as a
precautionary measure, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore