Bihar: 3 killed, 18 injured in police lathicharge
Siwan: Three persons were killed and 18
others injured when the police resorted to lathicharge after being attacked by a mob in Bihar`s Siwan district Wednersday, a senior police official said.
The police, which went to rescue a woman who was beaten up on the suspicion of being a child-lifter, was attacked with stones by the mob when they arrived on the scene at Madarpur Bazar under Basantpur police station, Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
The SP denied that firing was resorted to.
The victims were identified as Kapil Prasad (70),
Deu Ram (70) and Ajay Kumar (15). Among the 18 injured were 14
policemen and civil officers who were admitted to hospital.
Three of the injured policemen were referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
The situation at Madarpur Bazar was tense, but under
control and additional policemen were deployed as a
precautionary measure, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH