Bihar: 4 policemen injured in stone pelting by mob
Sasaram: The bodies of two minor brothers were recovered in Bihar`s Rohtas district on Monday, triggering violent protests in which four policemen were injured in stone pelting by a mob, police said.
The two minor sons of Sunil Ram had gone for a haircut last evening but did not return, police said.
Their parents lodged a complaint with police today, they said, adding that later in the day, some people saw two bodies in a bush in Nasriganj police station area and informed the police and the family.
When the bodies were identified, locals blocked the main road of the Bikramganj and Dehri, sources said.
The protesters hurled stones at the policemen who arrived on the scene, injuring four officers, they said.
Later, reinforcements brought the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list