Bihar: 450 junior doctors on indefinite strike
Darbhanga: About 450 junior doctors of Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) launched an indefinite strike on Thursday to press for their two main demands.
DMCH Junior Doctors Association secretary Kunal Shankar said they want a hike in their stipend and the enforcement of Medical Protection Act for security of the medicos.
The junior doctors will abstain from work for two days and then disrupt medical service at DMCH, he said.
DMCH junior doctors were unhappy with Health Minister Ashwani Chaube allegedly reneging from his promise to hike their stipend from April 1, 2012, and implement the protection Act in the hospital during talks with junior doctors who had proposed to launch a strike earlier on the twin issues.
He said the DMCH junior doctors were also sympathetic to their colleagues at Patna Medical College Hospital who have been on strike for over a week to press for a host of demands.
DMCH principal SN Sinha said talks were on with the striking junior doctors for resolution of their demands. Arrangements were being made to ensure uninterrupted medical service at the hospital and senior doctors may be given additional charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video