Bihar: 5 injured in violence at CM`s public meeting
Nawada: Five persons, including a block level JD(U) leader, were injured on Tuesday as a clash broke out among some people attending Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s public meeting at the Harischandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district, police sources said.
Alleging corruption in the district administration level and some other local issues, some people among the audience at Kumar`s public meeting turned on each other with broken pieces of plastic chairs, slippers causing injury to five, the sources said.
The Narhat block General Secretary Basant Rajvanshi suffered severe head injuries, while four others were also injured, they said adding the injured were rushed to a hospital.
Though some protesters were shown in video footage as throwing slippers and broken pieces of chairs in the direction of the Chief Minister, the officials denied any such incident taking place in Nawada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?