Bihar: 5 injured in violence at CM`s public meeting
Nawada: Five persons, including a block level JD(U) leader, were injured on Tuesday as a clash broke out among some people attending Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s public meeting at the Harischandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district, police sources said.
Alleging corruption in the district administration level and some other local issues, some people among the audience at Kumar`s public meeting turned on each other with broken pieces of plastic chairs, slippers causing injury to five, the sources said.
The Narhat block General Secretary Basant Rajvanshi suffered severe head injuries, while four others were also injured, they said adding the injured were rushed to a hospital.
Though some protesters were shown in video footage as throwing slippers and broken pieces of chairs in the direction of the Chief Minister, the officials denied any such incident taking place in Nawada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends