Bihar: 5 officials injured in Ramnavami clash
Gaya: Five senior officials, including a
senior superintendent of police and city superintendent of
police were injured in a clash between Ram Navmi
processionists and people of a particular community in Gaya
town, official sources said on Monday.
The clash broke out late last night when people of the
procession, which was to pass from near a masjid, threw stones
following objections from those inside the mosque.
The attack was returned and the agitated processionists
torched three shops in the locality and damaged a portion of
the masjid, the sources said.
Senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar, city
SP Babu Ram, city DSP Rakesh Kumar and subdivional officer
P Kumar who had rushed to spot to control the situation were
injured in the stone pelting.
The situation was controlled by the police and
Divisional commissioner Magadh range, Vivek Kumar Singh and
DIG NK Khan camped at the spot in the night.
Police said the situation today was tense but under
control with patrolling intensified in communally sensitive
areas of the town.
Anti-riot vehicles, 400 Rapid Action Force personnel
from Nawada, Bajra vehicles, 355 Bihar Military Police
personnel and 3 companies of counter insurgency anti-terrorist
force, besides district armed police personnel were engaged to
maintain law and order and restore normalcy, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach