Bihar: 5 policemen suspended for extorting money
Sasaram: Five policemen, including an Assistant Sub Inspector, were on Thursday suspended for extorting money from truck drivers on NH -2 in Rohtas district of Bihar.
Besides ordering their suspension, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj also ordered registration of FIR against them, the police said.
Acting on a complaint that the five policemen, including ASI Ayodhya Prasad, extorted money from some truck drivers at the NHAI toll booth on NH-2 last night, the SP asked an inspector to probe the matter and on being informed that the charges were true he suspended the cops and ordered registration of an FIR against them, the police said.
All the five police personnel were posted at Shivsagar police station and were on patrol on NH-2 during which they extorted money from the truck drivers, they said.
Maharaj also shifted Shivsagar police station`s Station House Officer Ravindra Sharma to the police lines, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!