Bihar: 5 policemen suspended for extorting money
Sasaram: Five policemen, including an Assistant Sub Inspector, were on Thursday suspended for extorting money from truck drivers on NH -2 in Rohtas district of Bihar.
Besides ordering their suspension, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj also ordered registration of FIR against them, the police said.
Acting on a complaint that the five policemen, including ASI Ayodhya Prasad, extorted money from some truck drivers at the NHAI toll booth on NH-2 last night, the SP asked an inspector to probe the matter and on being informed that the charges were true he suspended the cops and ordered registration of an FIR against them, the police said.
All the five police personnel were posted at Shivsagar police station and were on patrol on NH-2 during which they extorted money from the truck drivers, they said.
Maharaj also shifted Shivsagar police station`s Station House Officer Ravindra Sharma to the police lines, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown