Bihar: 51 taken ill after eating `prasad`
Patna: At least 51 people, including 20 children, were taken ill after eating `prasad` (offering to the deity) at a village in Bihar`s Arwal district, officials said.
Ten of those who ate the `prasad` and fell ill are critical, and others are out of danger, police said. The incident took place at Khatangi village Monday night, about 70 km from here.
There were 26 men, 20 children and five women who consumed the `prasad`. "Ten of them are critical and others are out of danger," a district police officer said.
"All of them were admitted at a government hospital in Kurtha for treatment," the officer added.
Relatives said that soon after eating the `prasad`, the children started complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, exhibiting symptoms of food poisoning.
Police officials said the incident created panic among the villagers in view of mid-day meal tragedy in July in Saran district, where 23 children died after eating poisonous food at a government school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur