Bihar: 61 convicted in fodder scam case
Ranchi: A special CBI court Monday convicted 61 people in a Rs.14 crore fodder scam case.
The CBI court pronounced judgment in a case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs.14.52 crore from the government treasury. There were total 73 accused in the case, of whom nine died during trial and three turned CBI approvers.
The CBI court awarded one to three years imprisonment to 20 convicted people and slapped fines on them ranging from Rs.30,000 to Rs.3 lakh. The quantum of sentence against the remaining accused will be pronounced Wednesday.
The multi-million Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) scam surfaced in late 1990s. There were total 61 cases filed in the scam and 52 were transferred to Jharkhand after it was carved out from Bihar in 2000. The CBI courts have passed judgment in 33 cases.
Two former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath Mishra are accused in five cases. The trial of both is going on in different CBI courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh