Bihar: 64 contractual teachers to get stringent punishment
Patna: Bihar government has identified 64 contractual teachers in Bihar`s Khagaria and Begusarai districts for taking stringent action against them for allegedly being involved in violence during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra` to these districts last week.
Of the 64 contractual teachers, 51 of them have been given showcause notices or identified for action after their involvement in violence and arson in Khagaria district during the Chief Minister`s visit on September 27, official sources said today.
Twenty-one contractual teachers in Khagaria district have been showcaused and 31 others identified on the basis of video footage and newspaper photographs in which they were seen among the crowd carrying out violence and arson, District Magistrate Dharmendra Singh said.
In Begusarai district, 12 contractual teachers have been booked for being absent from duty and carrying out road blockade during Kumar`s tour in the district last week, District Magistrate Manoj Kumar said.
It has prima facie been established that these contractual teaches were guilty of breach of the rules framed for panchayat primary teachers and strict action will be taken against them on the basis of recommendations by the panchayat bodies, he said.
Principal Secretary (Education) Amarjeet Sinha has confirmed that proceedings as per law have been initiated against the contractual teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price