Bihar asks Centre for helicopter to fight Maoists
Patna: Bihar government has requested the Centre for a helicopter to carry out operations against Maoists, Water Resources minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary told the Assembly on Monday.
The state government has written to the Centre recently and would do so in the future, requesting it to provide a helicopter to deal with the Maoist insurgency, Chaudhary said while replying to a short notice question by BJP MLA Avanish Kumar Singh.
Regretting the delay in requisitioning a helicopter, he said the state government had written to the Centre in 2011 seeking guidelines for availability of one to Bihar.
Since the Centre had not framed guidelines and conditions required for hiring a helicopter for anti-Maoist operations, the state government has sought one from neighbouring Jharkhand, he said.
Although Jharkhand has been cooperating with Bihar as far as availability of helicopter was concerned, it was imperative that the state government has one at its disposal for anti-Maoist campaigns, the minister said.
Apart from Bihar, the Maoist-affected states of Odisha, Chhatisgarh, Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh have helicopters for such use, the minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know