Bihar assembly adjourned over BIADA land scam
Patna: Amid uproarious scenes, Bihar
assembly was adjourned for 35 minutes during question-hour as
MLAs of chief opposition RJD stormed into the well of the
house again on Thursday demanding a CBI probe into alleged irregular
and illegal allotment of lands by Bihar Industrial Development
Area Authority (BIADA).
After shouting slogans in the portico of the assembly,
RJD members entered the house as soon as it sat for the day
and raised the issue of alleged BIADA land scam.
RJD MLAs Raghvendra Pratap Singh and Samrat Choudhary
wanted to know from the chair about the fate of the
adjournment notice they submitted for a debate on the issue.
When speaker U N Choudhary asked them to raise the
issue at an appropriate time and allow the question hour to
continue, they trooped to the well.
They repeated yesterday`s scene in the well shouting
anti-government slogans and demanded that the state government
order a CBI probe.
The speaker, however, went ahead asking ministers to
reply to the short-notice and starred-questions of the members
in the house.
As the din continued, Choudhary adjourned the house
till 1200 hrs.
When the house re-assembled, the speaker took up the
zero hour and after that he asked the ministers to reply to
the call-attention notices of the members.
The ministers carried forward replies to the
call-attention notices forcing the RJD MLAs to stage a noisy
walk-out of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report