Bihar assembly adjourned over Dhankar`s remark
Patna: The Bihar assembly was Monday adjourned till noon over BJP leader O.P. Dhankar`s remark that his party would get girls from Bihar to ensure that men in Haryana get married. The JD-U and RJD legislators disrupted the proceedings and demanded his arrest.
Expressing their anger, the legislators of the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) staged demonstration against Dhankar`s remark at the gate of the assembly and later created a ruckus in the house.
The JD-U and RJD legislators shouted slogans and demanded Dhankar`s arrest for his statement.
On Sunday, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Kisan Morcha national president Dhankar allegedly said the party would get girls from Bihar to ensure that men in Haryana can get married. He made the remark during a meeting of party workers in Haryana.
"Dhankar has insulted daughters of Bihar but it is unfortunate that the BJP leaders are defending him over his remark. We will not sit silent till he gets arrested," said RJD legislator Bhai Dinesh.
Earlier, RJD chief Lalu Prasad condemned Dhankar`s statement and threatened to chop off his ear for insulting Bihar.
All political parties have asked the BJP to take strict action against Dhankar and offer unconditional apology to the girls and women in Bihar.
Haryana is known for its skewed sex ratio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!