Bihar assembly adjourns sine die
Patna: The brief-winter session of Bihar
assembly on Friday adjourned sine die after transacting slated
The six-day session saw passage of a landmark
legislation aimed at combating corruption in public life.
The state assembly had passed by voice vote the Bihar
Lokayukta Bill, 2011, for constitution of a strong and
effective Lokayukta in the state bringing within its ambit the
office of the chief minister, ministers and officials down to
the lowest rung.
The House also passed the Bihar Special Survey and
Settlement Bill, 2011 which aims at land reforms.
The Patna University (Amendment) Bill, 2011 and
Bihar State University (Amendment) Bill, 2011 too was
discussed by the members of the state assembly, passed.
The House had also passed the Bihar Apartment
Ownership (Amendment) Bill 2011, besides passing the second
supplementary demands and related appropriation bills
totalling to Rs 6, 152 crore.
Other bills passed by the house are: Bihar Land
Mutation Bill, 2011, Bihar Municipal Corporation (Amendment)
bill 2011, Bihar Cooperative Society (Amendment) bill.
The house witnessed uproarious scenes during the past
three days with a determined opposition raising the issue
related to the multi-crore rupees Fodder Scam and demanding
that CM clarify his position in the wake of
recorded statements of scam accused charging CM and others
with being beneficiary of illegal gratifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened