Bihar assembly adjourns sine die
Patna: The brief-winter session of Bihar
assembly on Friday adjourned sine die after transacting slated
The six-day session saw passage of a landmark
legislation aimed at combating corruption in public life.
The state assembly had passed by voice vote the Bihar
Lokayukta Bill, 2011, for constitution of a strong and
effective Lokayukta in the state bringing within its ambit the
office of the chief minister, ministers and officials down to
the lowest rung.
The House also passed the Bihar Special Survey and
Settlement Bill, 2011 which aims at land reforms.
The Patna University (Amendment) Bill, 2011 and
Bihar State University (Amendment) Bill, 2011 too was
discussed by the members of the state assembly, passed.
The House had also passed the Bihar Apartment
Ownership (Amendment) Bill 2011, besides passing the second
supplementary demands and related appropriation bills
totalling to Rs 6, 152 crore.
Other bills passed by the house are: Bihar Land
Mutation Bill, 2011, Bihar Municipal Corporation (Amendment)
bill 2011, Bihar Cooperative Society (Amendment) bill.
The house witnessed uproarious scenes during the past
three days with a determined opposition raising the issue
related to the multi-crore rupees Fodder Scam and demanding
that CM clarify his position in the wake of
recorded statements of scam accused charging CM and others
with being beneficiary of illegal gratifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders