Bihar Assembly adjourns twice over privilege motion
Patna: Bihar assembly today witnessed an
uproar over alleged misbehaviour by senior state government
officials against two MLAs, including one from ruling JD(U),
forcing Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary to adjourn the House
Raising the issue during zero hour, JD(U) MLA Ramayan
Manjhi read a privilege notice charging a sub-divisional
officer of Siwan district Amresh Sah with misbehaving with him
at the circuit house in Siwan Friday.
Manjhi alleged the SDO was "extremely rude" to him and
even threatened him. "The officer addressed me by my caste and
said I have seen so many MLAs and MPs. I will set you right,"
This made the members from both treasury and opposition
benches furious, who sought immediate action against the SDO
and a probe by the House committee.
The Speaker accepted the privilege notice, which he said
was being referred to the privilege committee for submitting
RJD MLA Pitambar Paswan also told the House about an
incident when he was subjected to a similar experience by an
IAS officer in Rosera and sought immediate action against the
Several opposition MLAs from RJD, LJP, Congress and Left
parties stormed the well of the House and threw a chair.
As the din continued unabated, speaker adjourned the
House till lunch-recess.
Opposition repeated similar scenes in the second half
demanding action against SDO forcing the speaker to adjourn
the house till 3 pm after it sat at 2 pm.
Later the house passed the appropriation bill presented
by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi for the financial year
2010-11 without any debate amid the din. The house was then
adjourned by speaker till Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!