Bihar Assembly passes Right to Public Services Bill
Patna: Bihar Assembly on Monday unanimously
passed the Right to Public Services Bill 2011, seeking to
weed out corruption from utility services being provided to
State Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav introduced
the Bill, in keeping with the promises made by Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar in this regard.
The House later adopted the Bill unanimously without any
After introduction of the Bill, Kumar said the new
legislation would ensure delivery of public utility services
like issuing of caste, income and character certificates
as well as driving licences in a time-bound manner.
"It will help uproot corruption in providing public
utility services," he claimed, adding it was yet another
revolutionary step taken by his government to check
He hoped that the new law would be notified and come
into effect from August 15, 2011 after completing all the
"The law will also fix the responsibilities of the
officials in discharge of their services for its appropriate
implementation," Kumar said, adding online monitoring of the
applications and their disposal process would be made and it
would strengthen the people`s trust in democracy.
The House also passed by voice vote Bihar Administrative
Tribunal Bill, 2011 seeking to set up a tribunal on the
pattern of CAT for redressal of grievances and problems of the
members of the State Administrative Services.
The state Assembly also unanimously adopted the Criminal
Procedure Code (Bihar Amendment) Bill 2011 seeking to make
Section 353 of the code "bailable instead of non-bailable."
"Demonstration and protests are democratic right of
people which strengthens democracy... making the section
non-bailable is not justified," the chief minister said.
He said his government would soon forward the Bill for
the Centre`s assent for effecting suitable amendment to treat
the offence as bailable.
Kumar said all the political parties should support
the step and the section be made bailable all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah