Bihar Assembly sees noisy scenes over theft at BJP MP`s home
Patna: The Bihar Assembly saw noisy scenes inside and outside Wednesday after ruling JD-U and RJD legislators created a ruckus demanding arrest of BJP MP Giriraj Singh over "huge amount of unaccounted cash" being stolen from his house and then being recovered.
The JD-U and RJD members first staged a protest outside the state assembly over recovery of over Rs 1.14 crore and $600 in cash and jewellery from Singh`s house and later disrupted the proceedings of the assembly and demanded his arrest.
The house was adjourned till 2 pm and was plunged into chaos again when it re-assembled.
"Singh should be arrested for hiding such a huge amount of unaccounted cash in his house, which was stolen and now recovered by police. It again exposed BJP`s real face," JD-U legislator Manjit Kumar Singh said.
RJD legislator Bhai Dinesh questioned the source of such large amount of cash that was stolen from Singh`s house.
"If the huge cash amount is white (legal), then why did Singh in his complaint to police say only Rs 50,000 was stolen from his house," he asked.
Singh is elected Lok Sabha member from Nawada parliamentary consituency in Bihar and known for his controversial remarks in past, including during the Lok Sabha poll campaign that those opposing Narendra Modi, who was then the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, should be dispatched to Pakistan.
Singh is already under the scrutiny of police and Income Tax officials after the huge amount of cash, including dollars, and gold and silver jewellery reported stolen from his house in Patna were later recovered by police.
After a hue and cry over it, Singh has reportedly said that it belonged to his cousin.
When the theft was committed at Singh`s apartment in Patna early this week, he and other BJP leaders targeted the state government by saying that law and order has collapsed in Bihar and even a MP is not safe here.
Patna police arrested four people Tuesday and announced they have solved the theft case.
In his election affidavit in May this year, Singh said he owns only about Rs 2 lakh in cash.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India