Bihar Assembly session from February 14-22
Patna: The budget session of both houses of Bihar Legislature will start from February 14 next month, the state cabinet decided at a meeting here on Thursday.
The budget session of Assembly and Legislative Council will last till February 22, Cabinet Coordination Department Principal Secretary Brajesh Mehrotra told reporters after the meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The session was considered politically important as it would be held before the Lok Sabha elections this year.
The cabinet also gave its nod to the Bihar Poisons Possession and Sale Rules-2014 modelled after the central government, he said.
Through this, a check could be kept on sale, storage and use of acid in the state, Mehrotra said.
The cabinet also approved the Bihar Urban Planning and Development Rule-2014 for adding more civic facilities for citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra