Bihar Assembly session from February 14-22
Patna: The budget session of both houses of Bihar Legislature will start from February 14 next month, the state cabinet decided at a meeting here on Thursday.
The budget session of Assembly and Legislative Council will last till February 22, Cabinet Coordination Department Principal Secretary Brajesh Mehrotra told reporters after the meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The session was considered politically important as it would be held before the Lok Sabha elections this year.
The cabinet also gave its nod to the Bihar Poisons Possession and Sale Rules-2014 modelled after the central government, he said.
Through this, a check could be kept on sale, storage and use of acid in the state, Mehrotra said.
The cabinet also approved the Bihar Urban Planning and Development Rule-2014 for adding more civic facilities for citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh