Bihar Assembly Speaker taking help of Naxals?
New Delhi: An intelligence report has suggested that Bihar Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary, who is contesting Lok Sabha elections, has allegedly entered into a pact with the Naxals to get support in the polls, a charge vehemently denied by the JD(U) leader.
"Input dated 30/03/14 reveals that Maoists active in Jamui area have reportedly come to (an) understanding with JD(U) candidate Uday Narayan Chaudhary and reportedly given him assurance to support him during GPE-14 (General Parliamentary Election," says the intelligence report submitted to the Home Ministry on March 31.
When contacted, Chaudhary questioned the authenticity of the intelligence report and strongly denied having any links with the Naxals.
"The allegation is completely baseless. It is nothing but a political conspiracy of my opponents. I am going to win the election and that is why my opponents are hatching conspiracy against me," he told PTI over phone from Jamui.
Chaudhary, who is Speaker of Bihar Assembly and JD(U) candidate in Jamui, demanded proof from the intelligence agencies saying otherwise he would be forced to take legal action against them.
The intelligence report suggested that Chaudhary had recently contacted Sidhu Koda alias Sidhu Manjhi, platoon commander, special platoon of CPI(Maoist) and pursued him to support him in elections.
"Sidhu Koda and other Maoist leaders reportedly decided to support Uday Narayan Chaudhary in lieu of money," the report says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog