Bihar bandh by RJD, LJP a complete flop: BJP
New Delhi: Claiming that the strike called
by RJD and LJP in Bihar against fuel price rise was a "complete flop", the BJP on Saturday said the two parties had lost credibility when they sided with the Congress during the cut-motion in Lok Sabha recently.
"The Bihar Bandh against fuel price rise today was a
complete flop. Lalu Prasad and Ram Vilas Paswan have no
credibility. Their double standards were exposed when they
voted with the government during the recent cut-motion against
price rise in Parliament," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan
were among 5,200 activists of the two parties who courted
arrest today while enforcing the bandh.
The BJP alleged that the two parties did not have much
support in Bihar and had "forcibly" tried to implement the
RJD and LJP supporters disrupted train services and
most shops remained closed during the strike. The national
highways passing through the state and other major roads also
Paswan claimed that the strike against rise in prices of
fuel was a "grand success".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre