Bihar bandh does not affect normal life
Patna: A bandh called in Bihar on Tuesday to
protest the police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev did not
impact normal life in the state and was peaceful.
Government offices across the state were open and
transport was normal, official sources said.
The bandh called by the Bharat Swabhiman Trust was
incident free, the sources said.
BST supporters took out protest marches in Patna,
Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur and Gaya where shops and business
establishments were closed.
The protesters shouted slogans against Congress
President Sonia Gandhi and the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and held them responsible for Saturday`s police action.
State unit BST coordinator Ajit Kumar claimed that the
bandh was successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1