Bihar bans gutka and paan masala
Patna: The Bihar government on Wednesday imposed a ban on the manufacture, sale and storage of gutka and paan masala in the state.
Officials in the Chief Minister`s office said the health department had issued a notification to this effect.
Bihar has become the third state after Kerala and Madhya Pradesh to ban paan and gutka products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'
- Maharashtra Board (MSBSHSE) HSC Examination Result declared: Check Class 12 results at www.mahresult.nic.in
- Turkish forces launch operation in Syria against Islamic State