Bihar: BDO held for graft
Motihari: A Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested by vigilance bureau on charge of accepting Rs 4,000 as bribe from a person in Bihar`s east Champaran
district on Saturday, ADG vigilance PK Thakur said.
Acting on a complaint from Rajeshwar Singh, vigilance sleuths raided a place under Sangrampur block and caught Opendra Kumar (BDO) `red handed while taking the money` from Singh for clearing his dues, Thakur said.
He was being sent to Patna for production before the court of special vigilance judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks