Bihar begins to set up ATS
Patna: The Bihar government has begun the process of seeting up an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Monday.
"Bihar Police has began the process to set up ATS soon," he told the media here.
Nitish Kumar denied reports that his government was soft in countering terrorist activities. "There is no such thing like being soft towards terrorists."
Bihar Police chief Abhayanand said: "We are working to formally set up ATS."
The cabinet approved a proposal to set up the ATS after July`s serial bomb blasts at Bodh Gaya`s Mahabodhi temple.
The government has cleared the 344 posts for the ATS.
An official in the home department said the ATS would be set up within four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!