Bihar begins to set up ATS
Patna: The Bihar government has begun the process of seeting up an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Monday.
"Bihar Police has began the process to set up ATS soon," he told the media here.
Nitish Kumar denied reports that his government was soft in countering terrorist activities. "There is no such thing like being soft towards terrorists."
Bihar Police chief Abhayanand said: "We are working to formally set up ATS."
The cabinet approved a proposal to set up the ATS after July`s serial bomb blasts at Bodh Gaya`s Mahabodhi temple.
The government has cleared the 344 posts for the ATS.
An official in the home department said the ATS would be set up within four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'