Bihar being praised for Nitish’s governance: JD(U)
Patna: With a US Congress report praising
Bihar, the ruling JD(U) on Wednesday said the state was not only
being discussed in India but also abroad for its "good
governance and rule of law" under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Bihar, which had once gained notoriety for its criminal
image, is being discussed as a model not only in India but
also abroad for establishing good governance and rule of law,"
JD(U) spokesperson Sanjay Singh told reporters.
His comments came after the latest report of the
Congressional Research Service (CRS) on India lauded Bihar and
its Chief Minister for his governance and administrative
The CRS, an independent and bipartisan wing of the US
Congress, which prepares periodic reports on issues of
interest to the US lawmakers, had mentioned Bihar next to
Gujarat in good governance.
Singh said, "Kumar is credited with restoring law and
order in the state". He has also being lauded for the
anti-graft legislation to stamp out corruption in public life.
"It is also a matter of fact that the politics of caste
has been relegated to backseat as evident from the results of
the Assembly elections of 2010", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand