Bihar BJP chief refuses to withdraw resignation
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Bihar unit president CP Thakur refused to withdraw his resignation Saturday, a day after he stepped down saying that he was unhappy with the distribution of tickets to contest the upcoming Assembly polls.
A BJP leader close to Thakur told a news agency that the latter would not take part in campaigning for the elections as well. Thakur resigned from the party post after his son was denied a ticket to contest the state assembly elections.
"Thakur will hold a meeting with his supporters on Saturday to decide the final course of action. So far he is not ready to withdraw his resignation," the BJP leader said.
He added that Thakur had felt humiliated by the way he was ignored in the decision-making process of the ticket distribution.
Apart from Thakur, senior BJP leader in Bihar Ashwani Kumar Choubey also resigned from the party core committee Friday night, angry over ticket distribution.
Thakur told reporters here on Friday that he has sent in his resignation to BJP national president Nitin Gadkari but was yet to receive any response.
"I have resigned from the party post for several reasons, including my being ignored and neglected as the state party president by the party leadership," Thakur said.
Thakur`s son Vivek was denied ticket to contest the polls from Bankipur constituency in Patna.
Bihar will elect a 243-member assembly in staggered polling that begins Oct 21 and ends Nov 20. The results will be known Nov 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed