Bihar BJP invites Narendra Modi to contest LS polls from state
Patna: The state unit of BJP has invited party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat in Bihar, a senior leader said on Wednesday.
"We have invited Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat in Bihar during the next general elections," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters here.
All our sitting MPs are keen to vacate their seats to enable Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat, he said, adding, "We will ensure that Modi wins hands down from any seat in Bihar during the next general elections."
A formal proposal has been sent to the BJP leadership apprising about the sentiments of the BJP state leadership and workers on Modi contesting from Bihar, but a final decision would be taken by the party`s parliamentary board, he said.
The Bihar BJP`s invite to Modi to contest the general elections from the state comes a day after a proposal was sent to him requesting him to visit the state for a third time to address public meetings between December-end and mid-January next year.
Modi had recently visited Bihar twice within a span of a week - first to address the party`s `Hunkar Rally` at the Gandhi Maidan on October 27 last which was marred by serial blasts claiming six lives and second, to express condolences to the kins of the blasts victims on November 2 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know