Bihar BJP invites Narendra Modi to contest LS polls from state
Patna: The state unit of BJP has invited party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat in Bihar, a senior leader said on Wednesday.
"We have invited Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat in Bihar during the next general elections," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters here.
All our sitting MPs are keen to vacate their seats to enable Modi to contest from any Lok Sabha seat, he said, adding, "We will ensure that Modi wins hands down from any seat in Bihar during the next general elections."
A formal proposal has been sent to the BJP leadership apprising about the sentiments of the BJP state leadership and workers on Modi contesting from Bihar, but a final decision would be taken by the party`s parliamentary board, he said.
The Bihar BJP`s invite to Modi to contest the general elections from the state comes a day after a proposal was sent to him requesting him to visit the state for a third time to address public meetings between December-end and mid-January next year.
Modi had recently visited Bihar twice within a span of a week - first to address the party`s `Hunkar Rally` at the Gandhi Maidan on October 27 last which was marred by serial blasts claiming six lives and second, to express condolences to the kins of the blasts victims on November 2 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach